Harris County Municipal Utility District #208 encourages our customers to report water or sanitary sewage emergency situations immediately by calling: (281) 861-6215 – 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Your phone calls are very important to us so that we can locate the damage and make repairs. Each call will be reviewed and then evaluated to determine to most appropriate action to take. Please keep in mind that every situation is different and in some cases a repair team will be dispatched immediately while in other cases it could take a few days for the repairs to be made. In some situations we may need to involve county or state entities along with the proper authorities if needed. However, it is critical to our community that all situations be reported to prevent property damage as well as wasting our precision water resources and keeping our citizens safe.
The process starts with you by providing key information such as the location and the severity of the emergency. After the details of the emergency have been gathered an H2O Operator will then be notified and dispatched to evaluate the situation in person.
When you call us we will also try and determine if the leak is located on the district’s water or sewage lines or if it is located within the resident’s home or business. It is very important that each resident knows where their water shutoff valve is located and how to turn it off.
For any emergency situations for utility or municipal services other than water or sanitary sewage, the below contact information may be useful:
Non-water or Sanitary Sewage Contact Information
- Emergency (Fire, Ambulance, Sheriff) 911
- Harris County Sheriff’s Office Dispatch – Option 6 713-221-6000
- Electric Outage and Emergency (CenterPoint Energy) 800-332-7143
- Gas Leak or Emergency (CenterPoint Energy) 888-876-5786
- Storm water Drainage & Road Repairs (Harris County Precinct 3) 281-463-8703
- Bayou Maintenance (Harris County Flood Control District) 713-684-4197
- Street Light Burned Out (CenterPoint Energy) 713-207-2222
- Harris County Animal Control 281-999-3191
- Poison Control Center 800-222-1222
- Trash (Waste Corporation of America) 281-368-8397
- Harris County Household Hazardous Waste 281-560-6200