Harris County Municipal District #208(” The District”), created in March 1981, delivers and treats wastewater for more than 1200 residential households in the Copperfield Subdivisions of Southdown Village Section 5 as well as Southcreek Villages Sections 3 through 11. The District is located within the boundaries of West Harris County Regional Water Authority “WHCRWA” who was created to provide a supply of surface water to this part of Harris County. The District currently receives approximately 95% of our water from WHCRWA, but maintains the District’s water wells in order to supply water if emergency conditions arise. The District is part owner of the Copperfield Regional Wastewater Plant which treats wastewater for six Utility Districts and more than 10,000 connections throughout Copperfield. The Wastewater Plant is located behind the Fire Station on Highway 6.
The District is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of five (5) Board members elected by the registered voters of the District, who manage and supervise all affairs of the District. Board members must either own property within the District or be a registered voter within the District. Each Board member is elected to serve a staggered four (4) year term. The District’s current Board members are as follows:
- Bob McCavitt, President, Term Expires: May 2024
- Susan Huhn, Vice-President, Term Expires: May 2022
- Jim Brooks, Secretary, Term Expires: May 2024
- Jackie Connelly, Asst. Secretary, Term Expires: May 2022
- Bob Braman, Treasurer, Term Expires: May 2024
- Board members may be contacted via the District Contact Information shown below.